The Art of the Political Putdown
The Greatest Comebacks, Ripostes, and Retorts in History
Chris Lamb, Will Moredock
The Art of the Political Putdown is a book of over 300 witty verbal jabs and ripostes from politicians around the world, all of whom share a common sharp tongue.
Liberal or conservative, humor can be a powerful weapon in any politician's arsenal, and political journalists Chris Lamb and Will Moredock have seen their fair share of quips, witty remarks, and sarcastic pleasantries.
In mining the past few thousand years of political history, they've unearthed a treasure trove of humorous exchanges, from ancient Rome to modern day, to compile this collection of hilarious comebacks and putdowns.• Features 11 brief essays analyzing the use of humor and wit in various political contexts
• Even-handed, intelligent, and lighthearted political humor that gives readers from the Left and the Right something to laugh about
• Contains 20 political cartoon-style illustrations
The Art of the Political Putdown is filled with famous and lesser-known politicians at their sassiest, along with short essays and illustrations.
This is a comprehensive, nonpartisan collection of witticisms, scathing burns, and mic-drop-worthy insults throughout history.
• A rare political humor book with something for everyone, and a welcome reminder that politics can also be a source of laughter
• Perfect for politics and history buffs and for anyone who appreciates smart humor and top-notch wit
• Great for those who loved Whose Boat Is This Boat?: Comments That Don't Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane by the Staff of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents by Pete Souza, and The Wit & Wisdom of Winston Churchill by James C. Humes