Hazardous Waste Management
Assuming no previous knowledge, this second edition provides comprehensive coverage for a first course in hazardous waste management for civil, environmental engineers, and managers. The update includes material on the new USEPA revisions to the Solid and Hazardous Waste Regulations and the new e-Manifest Rule. It is written primarily for generators of hazardous waste with a primary emphasis on source reduction, waste minimization, reuse, and recycling before waste disposal. Numerous case studies from the field and clarification of regulations simplify this complex topic. The book provides guidance on how to determine the proper category of hazardous waste generators, with separate and distinct sets of requirements for the three different categories of generators, and gives basic supplemental guidance for transporters, storage, and disposal facilities. It covers proper completion of hazardous waste manifests and reports. The book explains record keeping, personnel training, and other requirements necessary to be in full compliance on inspections. A companion CD with regulatory forms, data is included.
• Provides numerous, field case studies and clarification of new regulations to simplify this complex topic
• Includes material on the new USEPA revisions to the Solid and Hazardous Waste Regulations and the new e-Manifest Rule
• Covers all the major government regulations from inception to current practice
• Explains record keeping, personnel training, and requirements necessary for full compliance on inspections
• Includes companion CD with regulatory forms, data
Selected Topics: Introductory history and overview of hazardous waste management laws, rules and regulations; a practical guide to complying with the regulations, including the identification of hazardous wastes; proper management of these wastes on-site; preparing generator annual reports, manifests, personnel safety training; hazardous waste management training for staff; proper record-keeping for future regulatory inspections.